Asthma resources for parents/carers
Children and young people with asthma can find a range of resources below to help you learn more about the condition:
- What is asthma?
- What things trigger asthma?
- Beat asthma resources for young people
- Moving on Asthma resources for young people living with asthma
- Itchy Sneezy Wheezy: helping younger children to understand asthma
- Short videos about asthma
Free asthma training is available for parents and carers who come in contact with children and young people with asthma
- Tier 1 asthma information is available to download here
If you are a parent or carer, find information below to help you better understand asthma and how to help your children to manage it:
- What is asthma?
- Normal peak flow values
- What to do if your child is having an attack
- Air pollution and other asthma triggers
- Asthma advice for parents and carers
- Using asthma inhalers
- What is an asthma action plan?
- Asthma + Lung UK information and resources
- Beat Asthma resources for families and schools
- Allergic asthma
- Four seasons
- Hatfever and asthma
- Allergic rhinitis see video here
- Sulphites and airways
- Respiratory allergies
- Mould allergy advice
- House dust mites
- Allergy domestic pets
- Smoking more information to help you stop can be found here for Hertfordshire and here for Essex
- Defra UK air website: this website allows you to enter your postcode and it will then provide an air pollution forecast for the next 5 days. It also links you to health advice and any pollution alerts that have been issued.
- Global action plan website: (the charity behind the Clean Air Hub and National Clean Air Day): The Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra), have a UK air pollution forecast map where you can see the latest air pollution levels for your area on a map. You can also search by town or postcode to see more local information.
- Address pollution: get a free air quality report for your address.
- Indoor air quality